Susan Biedinger develops lavender recipes that everyone can enjoy. Check out the different goodies we’ve created with her help. We offer easy directions so you can make your own
Recipies for Lavender
Lavender Pumpkin Tea Bread
12 muffins; 3 mini loaves; 1-9x3 pans
18 min 25 min 25 min (clean tooth pick)
1.25 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup white (can reduce for 1/2)
1/2 teas salt 1/2 cup Brown sugar (can reduce to 1/3)
1 teas baking powder 3/4 cup vegetable oil (not butter/marg)
1 teas baking soda 15 oz pumpkin (small can)
1/2 T cinnamon 2 eggs
1/2 T grnd ginger 2 T lavender buds
1 t grnd cloves
if desired 1/2 cup craisins. currents and/or 1/2 cup pecan pieces
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. Sift flour, spices, and leaveners and set aside.
2. Blend sugars, oil, pumpkin and eggs in a large bowl.
*Prepare pans with pan spray and parchment if desired.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet, mix unti combined. Do not over mix.
4. Stir in craisins, currents, and/or pecans. Up to 1 heaping cups total.
Pour into pans, spread out evenly.
Bake times are approximate, test with toothpick.
If Glaze is desired:
Make lav tea with 1teaspoon buds and 1/4 cup water let steep 10 min.
1 T butter softened, stir in 1 cup powdered sugar, slowly add tea 1 teaspoon at a time until smooth desired thickness
more Recipies for Lavender
1/2 gal. Lavender Lemonade
2 T buds/stems
2 cups water
Boil to make tea, steep for 5 minutes
In a half gal jug: combine
1/3 cup of your favorite lemonade mix
2/3 cup lemon juice
lavender tea (you just made)
add water to 1/2 gal mark
stir well, serve cold
Lavender No Churn Ice Cream
2 + 1/4 cups Heavy whipping cream
1 Tbls lavender buds (can use fresh stems&buds)
or just dried buds (level measure).
1 teas vanilla extract
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
Will fill quart container.
Freeze overnight for firm ice cream or 4 hours for soft serve
1. Make lavender cream by simmering the 1/4C whipping cream and lavender buds for 5 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming.
Allow to cool. Strain cream of the bud pieces.
Ensure cream is completely cooled. then...
2. In a medium bowl combine the 2C of whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and cooled lavender cream.
3. Whip to stiff peaks. Scrape bowl sides at least once. Gently fold into quart container or other freezer safe container and place in freezer to desired firmness.
Will sweeten hot teas and coffee also!
Adapted from aberdeenskitchen.com (she used blackberries also) 2016